Ottawa Motor Vehicle Accident Claims

Our injury lawyers have extensive experience handling motor vehicle accident cases, including claims involving cars, buses, trucks, motorcycles, snowmobiles, bicycles, and pedestrians.

If you are injured in a motor vehicle collision, there are two possible ways to claim compensation.  The first of these is the claim for "no-fault" accident benefits, which is available no matter who was at fault.  The second is if another person was at-fault for the accident.  You may claim damages from this person in what is called a tort claim.

A serious motor vehicle collision can cause devastating injuries and severe impairments to those involved.  A personal injury lawyer can assist you obtain the compensation you need for claims such as income loss; pain and suffering; housekeeping expenses; future cost of care needs; medical and rehabilitation expenses; and claims by family members for the value of their time assisting with your recovery and for the loss of your guidance, care and companionship.

With both the tort and no-fault accident benefits claims, there are notice and limitation periods that must be met.  In certain circumstances, if you do not make a claim within a certain time period, the insurance company is able to refuse your claim.

To ensure your rights are protected it is important for you to hire a lawyer as soon after the accident as possible.  After a serious accident, it is important that you start the claim process right away, so that you will start receiving your benefits and treatment/attendant care as soon as possible.  If you or a family member are hospitalized and cannot meet at our office, we will travel to visit you or your family members.

If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident, contact us for a free, no-obligation evaluation of your case or fill out our Case Form and one of our lawyers will be pleased to contact you.